Need help fast please.. HELP PLEASE

The little one is still alive but not well... It seems to have part of its intestine outside body.. Coming out its butt :(.. It is missing an eye and cant move its body below the neck.. Makes me mad.... We will see if there is anything I can do for it,,, But it looks bad..

The little one is still alive but not well... It seems to have part of its intestine outside body.. Coming out its butt :(.. It is missing an eye and cant move its body below the neck.. Makes me mad.... We will see if there is anything I can do for it,,, But it looks bad..
hugs.gif

You can see the bloody egg in upper part of picture.. I slowly pulled that away from him/her. Amazingly the baby didnt seem to lose much blood.. But now what do I do?

That's an unabsorbed yolk sack, and it's pretty big. I've only had very small ones that shrink up, and only on chicks that were otherwise healthy.

From what you wrote, sounds like this one may have several things wrong with it. I'm sorry.

Lets see if @WVduckchick is on she can tell you what is best now. but i think they would say place a soft clean cloth in bottom of a cup and place duckling in that this helps keep the baby from hitting the sack with it's sharp nails and also provides pressure to help shrink the sac. I can't remember if you put warm water paper towels over it so don't do that till we know for sure.

the cup with damp paper towels is a great idea, i would alo put something on the yolk to prevent infection, betadine, bacitracin, what do you have on hand?

Back
Top Bottom