Need help fast with a pregnant guinea pig

Australorp100

In the Brooder
Oct 16, 2021
Hello, this is not to do with chickens but some people on here may know about guinea pigs, I have two big pregnant ones who I am not sure when are due but definitely pregnant, they could be due now or in a month. And just the other week when moving the enclosure one of the pregnant ones got stuck under one of the sides upside down! And the enclosure got put on her belly, and it’s not light. She seemed fine, and I did notice quite fast and lift it but could that like 10 seconds of pressure killed them all? Or some? I feel like I can feel movement today but may just be gasses? Would she be getting ill already or given birth to still borns?

Your piggy got stuck a week ago?
Has she been eating and drinking okay since then?

Yes, she’s fine, she doesn’t like me touching her belly but neither does the other it’s cause they very big and pregnant

I’m worried that there’s dead babies in her? Or is that not possible? I think I can feel kicking, in the right spot too

I think the babies would be fine, do you have pictures ? How far along does she look? The only concern I would have is once they are born, if they are not walking right away. Have you had babies in the past?

I’m worried that there’s dead babies in her? Or is that not possible? I think I can feel kicking, in the right spot too
I would suggest not touching her belly if she doesn't like it and yes it is entirely possible for babies to be dead.
At this point I don't think you should worry yourself to death though because there's nothing you can do except wait.

Well I mean you could take her to the vet and get an x-ray done to find out or an ultrasound done.

it’s hard to tell because of her fur

Attachments

• 5A433190-59E6-42B3-98A0-6CA76ED5A24A.jpeg
    5A433190-59E6-42B3-98A0-6CA76ED5A24A.jpeg
    751.8 KB · Views: 7
she is quite scared so hard to feel her at all

Attachments

• 1C183099-DAEB-4CC2-80F8-DB3F4F5030F9.jpeg
    1C183099-DAEB-4CC2-80F8-DB3F4F5030F9.jpeg
    962.7 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom