Need help finding a shed to make a coop out of.

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by andrew6d9, Jun 10, 2011.

1. andrew6d9

andrew6d9 Chillin' With My Peeps

I need to find a shed that is under 1000 and near hanover pa. can you help me out.

2. SuziQ991

SuziQ991 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2009
    Missouri
    Did you look on Craigslist?

3. nelgkel

nelgkel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    FL
    Katie, how sweet of you to look that up. I like the second link the best..best value for the money..and it already the start of a pop door!! CL has some awesome deals!!

4. Kaitie09

Kaitie09 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    South Central, PA
    I'm a little bit of a Craigslist junkie. I get on there multiple times a day just to look at the chickens, goats, and sheds. It was really no problem to look it up real quick. If the OP wants to change the siding on the second post, the T1-11 is pretty cheap just to get a sheet.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  5. haemony

haemony Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2011
    WV
    Hah! I see the pop door potential. Too funny. [​IMG]

6. F106A

F106A Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    Texas Big Country
    I realize that I'm not in your neck of the woods, however I thought of the same thing. We have two Lowe's, and one Home Depot in town, and I was able to find an 8' x 6' display model for sale at one of the Lowe's for under $450. (They list the unbuilt "kit" for $598.) It was perfect for what I had in mind! After crunching the numbers for lumber, supplies, paint, my labor, etc., this turned out to be a winner. I even found a deal on delivery as Lowe's would not touch it. (I bought it through the manufacturer since it actually belonged to them; not Lowe's.)

Might be worth checking in your area, and if not, perhaps this can help someone else.

Mark

Here's a shot of it when I got it in the backyard. I used the PVC to roll it into position. Still working on the mods, and run.
    [​IMG]

7. andrew6d9

thanks a lot katie! i like the last one.

8. andrew6d9

i still am in need of a shed about that size but cheaper. any ideas?

9. andrew6d9

bump

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by