Need help finding Roseville MN area vet for fecal test

ttimsan

Hatching
12 Years
Apr 21, 2007
Hi all -

I've got a hen who's had watery poop for the past couple of months and none of the standards (ACV, yoghurt, etc.) has helped. I need to get a fecal done on her. Everyone else is pooping normal, just this one RIR.

My vet no longer does avian and I think someone mentioned in a much earlier post there is a vet in or near Roseville, MN who does chicken fecals?

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks Much!
Sandy

wes told me that fecal testing for chickens is much like fecal testing for cats and dogs so a small animal vet should be able to do it for you.

Thanks so much PanSophia and Michele! I appreciate the help.

It's frustrating finding a good avian vet. My regular vets for the dogs/cats/horses gave me a definitive NO on chickens...darned it!

It's good to know I can possibly talk a closer vet into doing a fecal for me, but I may be hiking into Mlps. this morning if I can't find anything closer.

Thanks again!

(Hey Pan, glad to make the acquaintance of another local!)
big_smile.png

Thanks so much Pan! That chart was a great resource! The Lake Elmo vet is very close by and I had no idea they served birds.

I brought my hen in today and unfortunately, she's got a large mass (likely cancer) in her belly, which is causing the diarrhea and other symptoms and is basically untreatable. He assured me she seems quite comfortable all considering at this point, so we'll keep an eye on her and keep her happy as long as we can. Poor kid. Whaddya do?

Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it!
Sandy

Back
Top Bottom