NEED HELP from all you crafty inclined peeps!

WoofMeowCluck

Dark Speckled Egg Lover
9 Years
Mar 9, 2010
I have several really beautiful eggs that have already been blown out and dry. I want to hang them indoors on a tree. I have NO idea what the decorative "part" is called that is glued on the top and bottom of the egg to cover the holes where the egg was blown out - so I can put string though it to hang. It seems like I saw some fancy gold embelished ones to cover the holes, years ago, when I wasn't looking for them!

Could you please tell me what those decorative parts are called to cover the holes, and perhaps a good place to purchase them?

I would really appreciate it! I'm planning to do a Christmas tree with nothing but my own chickens eggs - in their natural color (no paint or glitter). What would the best material be to hang them? Decorative stings? Is there one made specifically for this project? Or just plain old fishing line? I'd like them to be on the slightly fancy side if possible.

THANK YOU!!!!!

Last edited:
There's some really good information about this and how to decorate them on the thread: "Blue/Brown Eggs, Easter/Christmas Eggs - Getting my craft on!!" It's also in this same "Hobbies" section.

Awesome photos too.

You want to spray them with varathane. I had a beautiful Emu egg that I just let be. When I took it out of the box I was so disappointed to see it completely faded.
sad.png
It was stored wrapped in tissue paper in a box!! Still, turned from beautiful greens to grey.

Quote:
YES, bead caps! Have been looking at several on line. The thread about decorating eggs... oh gosh, I don't have a crafty bone in my body, but I'm going to try!

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom