Need help from frugal-minded duck keepers.

You guys are awesome, what cool photos and ideas. I think we are going to just start looking for some of those "ingredients". What frugal ideas everyone came up with! I hope lots of other people are getting alot out of this as well. I'm just at the thinking-it-over stage at this point but if I start collecting the parts for my set up maybe I can make it for free.
We pretty much made our chicken coop for free and it worked out great!

That is interesting to know about the commercial baker, will keep that in mind. Price was not discussed. I have seen them for sale on CL around here though for quite a BIT. I'm also technically allergic to chicken eggs so want to eat duck eggs. I've never actually eaten a duck egg though. I figure this is the frugal way to get a supply.

And I would very much look forward to reading the slug poem to the ducks as the gobble them down. Especially the ones that ate the tops off of all my tulips last spring!

I built my original coop for around $20 using recycled materials we picked up free or cheap. I expanded it (getting more ducks in 3 days) and it still was probably under $50-$60 total. We paid for a privacy fence for our dogs and privacy already and use part of the existing fence when we bought the ducks to give them their own corner.
You can follow my siggie to pictures of my duck coop.

Back
Top Bottom