Need help identifying 3 week olds....

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SunAngel, Jun 10, 2008.

1. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I had thought all these little girls were the same breed, but now that I look at the pics, I noticed some have greyish/green legs and 2 have yellow. Could anyone tell me what they might be? I assumed they were all Phoenix. I ordered the Ornamental Layer Collection from MMH, still not sure what some are lol.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. NoSpringChick

NoSpringChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    SE PA
    I wish I could help you identify them; but I'm new to chickens. I do have to tell you, you have a very interesting bunch. I would love to see them when they fully feather out. I was going to order the Ornamental Layer Collection from MMH back in March..then I went to a poultry auction and it was instant gradification.....Good luck; I do hope someone can help you identify them.

3. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Thanks!!

I have another post up with 4 pics that some think are EE's also. I dont know if my first 5 on here can be EE's as well. This is a tough job.

I will post more pics when the clan of 28 get all their feathers [​IMG]

9 White Crested Black Polish
    2 White Polish
    1 Blue Andalusian
    1 Rhode Island Red
    5 Phoenix
    3 EE'ers
    1 Golden Pencilled Hamburg
    2 Unidentified
    2 Black Silkie Bantams
    1 Black Japanese Bantam
    1 Buff Brahma Bantam

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2008
  4. Chickndaddy

Chickndaddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2007
    East Texas
    The two with the yellow legs could be Partridge Welsummer pullets. Not sure if McMurray includes those in their Ornamental Layer special or not though...

5. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    all i could focus on was that same stripe at the eye on all of them! LOL best of luck!

6. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I don't even see any Welsummer chickens on MMHs site or in their catalog.

Well I thought maybe I was onto something, thinking that the first 5 might be Silver Phoenix and the last 2 Golden Phoenix. But from all the pics I can find on Google, all Phoenix chickens have grayish legs.

So just what could the little 2 oddballs at the end be?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by