Need help identifying breed & gender

Mjvl

Songster
Hi All - I have 5 chicks. They are 16 weeks old. I need help identifying their breed and gender.
According to TSC, I have female Buff Orpington, Ameraucana, Majestic Maran, Sapphire Gem, and Black Australorp - but I'm not sure if the labels were correct.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• Ameraucana_16weeks.jpeg
    Ameraucana_16weeks.jpeg
    893.4 KB · Views: 38
  • BlackChick-16weeks.jpeg
    BlackChick-16weeks.jpeg
    873.4 KB · Views: 28
  • BlackYellow_16weeks.jpeg
    BlackYellow_16weeks.jpeg
    844.6 KB · Views: 24
  • GrayChick-16weeks.jpeg
    GrayChick-16weeks.jpeg
    921.6 KB · Views: 23
  • YellowChick_16weeks.jpeg
    YellowChick_16weeks.jpeg
    836.7 KB · Views: 20
Hi All - I have 5 chicks. They are 16 weeks old. I need help identifying their breed and gender.
According to TSC, I have female Buff Orpington, Ameraucana, Majestic Maran, Sapphire Gem, and Black Australorp - but I'm not sure if the labels were correct.
The buff orpington, australorp, and Sapphire Gem are correct. The Ameraucana is an Easter Egger.

All birds are female.

I'm not too familiar with majesty marans, but I don't think I've ever seen one with what looks like lacing like your girl has, or green legs.

You've got a nice bunch 'o girls. The blue one is definitely either a Blue Andalusian or Sapphire Gem. I have two Blue Andalusians, and they look like that.

🙋‍♀️ Did you make this?
Screenshot_20211112-173033.png

Top- EE or Ameracauna
3rd- EE or Ameracauna
4th- mix or Blue orp
Definitely EE's.

Orps have white skin - this one has yellow skin. (Check soles of feet)
You've got a nice bunch 'o girls. The blue one is definitely either a Blue Andalusian or Sapphire Gem. I have two Blue Andalusians, and they look like that.
Blue Andalusians have white skin. Gems have yellow. Check out the soles of this bird's feet.

I think all are correct the midnight majesty Marans are a black sex link mix which is what she appears to be. She should lay dark brown eggs. Your Ameraucana was probably labeled “Americana” which as others have pointed out, is an Easter egger.

@Kiki

Goodness, no - I am not handy at all! :)
I purchased it on Amazon - It's from a company named Backyard Barnyard Store. I think you can also purchase directly from them. It's a bit pricey, but they like roosting on it.
Here's the Amazon link: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08WQ7YYQQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
There is no way in the world I would purchase something like that because I could build it.
I was asking because I was hoping you had built it and could make an article about your build.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom