Need help identifying color patterns of peahens

If I got the cock and the two hens, what color offspring would I probably get? I thought if I got the cock to go with my IB hens, I would still have IB offspring. Right?
If that Pied cock is a blue pied then you would get blue offspring from your IB hens, and if you got the 2 hens on the perch with him (the BS and the Cameo?) they would also produce offspring that would be blue because it is a dominant color. The male offspring would carry splits to Cameo and perhaps Purple if that BS hen is Purple. The female offspring would be plain blue unless the male is carrying a split we are unaware of, if he carries a Cameo split he could produce Cameo females and the same is true for Purple. In addition he is Pied and that means he carries a white gene and a pied gene, he will pass one or the other to every chick he fathers, so all of his offspring will be split to either white or pied. He cannot produce any Plain IB's no matter what hen he is with.

Here is a picture of my Purple BS hen.

Thank you for all the info. I have learned so much. I will probably have to wait to get any more birds. Sadly, the top of my pea's pen collapsed from the weight of ice and snow. :( None were injured or escaped. :) They still have plenty of room, but I will have to remodel the pen.. It is a greenhouse frame that I have netting and shade tarp over. The shade tarp collected the snow and ice causing the bows to collapse.

Thank you for all the info. I have learned so much. I will probably have to wait to get any more birds. Sadly, the top of my pea's pen collapsed from the weight of ice and snow.
sad.png
None were injured or escaped.
smile.png
They still have plenty of room, but I will have to remodel the pen.. It is a greenhouse frame that I have netting and shade tarp over. The shade tarp collected the snow and ice causing the bows to collapse.

I too made the mistake of using shade cloth on my smaller pens runs, we now detach it every winter ant let it hang until there is no longer a danger of ice and snow. Good luck with your repairs!

I too made the mistake of using shade cloth on my smaller pens runs, we now detach it every winter ant let it hang until there is no longer a danger of ice and snow. Good luck with your repairs!

Those teensy, tiny soft, fluffy white flakes don't weigh a thing on your tongue... but sure are powerful when they pile up
lau.gif

Keep putting up photos, dylansmom -- it's like getting Christmas cards! They are so beautiful.
love.gif

(Although I am less cheerful about the small blizzard we are supposed to have here tonight... All the peas are hanging out inside today, and refusing to go out into the cold, blustery wind.)

Its 52 f today in Kuwait with heavy winds and i can't stand longer than 10 minutes outside, i can't imagine living in your city for a day!!

Its 52 f today in Kuwait with heavy winds and i can't stand longer than 10 minutes outside, i can't imagine living in your city for a day!!

Well, they do sell lots of winter clothing here in the US... but am getting kinda wimpy in my old age myself Skiing in subzero temps (subzero F) with big winds has kinda lost its allure for me
lau.gif

Well, they do sell lots of winter clothing here in the US... but am getting kinda wimpy in my old age myself Skiing in subzero temps (subzero F) with big winds has kinda lost its allure for me
lau.gif
LOL, i would like to go skiing one day(without living there LOL) my little brother has sent some videos while he is skiing in America, he is studying there.

I have seen photos of a fancy indoor ski resort in Saudia Arabia, that's not that far from you is it?
Yes, Saudia Arabia is the closest country to us, but it's a big country, haven't heard about this resort, but i know there is one in Dubai, its a small ski inside the mall.

Back
Top Bottom