Need help identifying duck breed

phoenix2077

In the Brooder
Apr 11, 2023
Hi.can someone help me identify these duck breeds/crosses? I wanted to add 1 duck to my small flock to keep my Drake busy.I found these ducks for sell(1st pic).two brown ducks in 1st pic have similar color to mallard but they are heavier than mallards and female pekins.they have dark bill.

Duck in second pic lays big eggs( bigger than Muscovy and Pekin) and lays constantly.she is very skittish and appears a bit taller than Pekin or mallard ducks(specially when scared).
Is she a runner cross or khaki Campbell cross?(or none)
Its important for me because in my third world sanctioned country I can only find Pekins,mallards and Muscovys.other layer or meat breeds are impossible for me to find.
Thanks for help in advance.
Will her baby's lay well or it will be ruined by Drake genes?
Sorry for bad English.

Attachments

• IMG_20230904_033655.jpg
    IMG_20230904_033655.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20230510_193410.jpg
    IMG_20230510_193410.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20230510_194414.jpg
    IMG_20230510_194414.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 26
I've read about breeds of farm animals quite a bit but I'm not an expert so I don't know how much help this will be. But since no one else has answered:

The only dark colored ducks with white bibs that I've seen are Swedish Blues. Swedish Blues can be either black or blue, both have the white bibs. So this one looks like a mix of Swedish Blue and one of the mallard colored breeds.

There are several mallard colored breeds: Rouen, Welsh Harlequin, Silver Appleyard, there may be others - I think Call Ducks can be although they are also other colors. Also runner ducks can be mallard colored.

The one you think could be a mix of runner duck and another kind - I think so too if that is her usual way of standing.

When the mother lays many eggs and the father is from a breed that lays few eggs, nearly all of the babies will lay fewer than the mother but more than the father's breed. Whether the mother or the father has more influence in this depends on the individual parent (unless ducks are much different than other species.)

Back
Top Bottom