Need help in figuring breeds

ajcb42

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 10, 2012
ct
I order 6 chicks they are now 4 months old I know I have a barred rock and a road island red. I also know 2 are ameraucanas, but which 2 are those, pluse 2 that are to be a surprise. I have looked at so many pics my head is spinning

The 2 dark birds are your EE's (the ones with beards) The white one looks like possible a delaware but the buff/white one I am thinking a non bearded EE.....Hopefully someone else can give you more definite answers.

Agree with Bird Lady, white is Delaware, last two pictured are Easter Eggers (the hatchery will tell you they are Ameraucanas but they are not). I see a Partridge rock in the first photo in the right upper corner. The red one is a production red (again, the hatchery will say it is a RIR but it is not).

So you have:

1 Delaware
2 Easter Eggers
1 Barred Rock
1 Partridge Rock
1 Production Red

The white one (pic #3) is a Delaware and the brown one (not the Rhode Island Red but the other brown one) is a Partridge Rock.

The yellow and white one (pic #5) is an Easter Egger (hatchery version of an Ameraucana). The grey/black one (pics #2, #4, #6) is also an Easter Egger.

Back
Top Bottom