Need Help...incubator question

harryg6167

Songster
10 Years
Jun 20, 2009
Kentwood
Was given a GQF cabinet incubator today. It came with no instruction manual
or anything. Needing help in trying to identify what model I may
have. I can get the operating manual if only I can figure out the model.
Here is a pic or two I took..Has the clear door.

34828_incubator_001.jpg

Is there anything that I can tell ya'll about it so it may be easier to ID?

Dont know how to identify it but you have all the manual you need right here. There should be a bowl of water on that top shelf for humidity. The temp controls is the round disk an may have another hooked to that box by it. An the turner should have a on/off switch. The manual will say to incubate for 21 days at 99.5*F an a humidity of about 65%.

The humidity part has a pretty good chance of being wrong. There is a lot on here about humidity. Anything else ya need to know?

The thermometer is adjusted by the L shaped bolt that comes out the side? Also is
a knob on the side that says increase and decrease? What is it?
Have the water containers for the top shelf, I just have them out drying
off from cleaning.
Thanks for the help.

With the electronic thermostat I would guess that it would be one of the 1500 series. Without the hatching tray at the bottom and the wider shelf spacing I think they call it the pro model, but I'm not sure of the number. Here's a link to the GQF instructions on line.
https://www.gqfmfg.com/pdf/Cabinet Model Instructions.pdf
The L shaped bolt adjusts the wafer thermostat, and the round knob adjusts the electronic thermostat. According to the instructions for the 1500 series the wafer thermostat only comes into play if the electronic one fails and you manually go in and unplug the electronic thermostat and plug in the wafer. Its an either one or the other set-up.

Last edited:
Ok, I believe that I have found the incubator model that I have on the GQF website.
Followed their and the BYC'ers instructions on setting up and finally
got this done around 2am this morning. When i got up I checked it and have just checked it again around 9:30 am and it
is holding temp between 99* and 100* F.
Going to call some people today about some eggs and try to pick them up
tomorrow when I go to the Dr...The eggs I have in the other incubator looks to be doing great
when I candled them last night..11 out of 13, the other 2, I don't have a strong
enough light source to see anything.
Thanks yet again for the help of fellow BYC'ers in getting my question answered.

Harry

Back
Top Bottom