Need help naming my new puppy *pic heavy*

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by havi, Aug 15, 2011.

1. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    As the subject line states, I need help naming our new male puppy. I dont like common names: such as Max, Buster, Buddy, etc. I want something a little unique, but not too far out there. I think hes a blue lacy mix, which is a hunting dog. Im looking for names that normally go with dobermans, pits, rotties, etc. I want something that will be for for a med-lg size dog. I love greek names, but when I look at the list, alot of them I cant pronounce. I dont want Zeus or Apollo, those are done too much. DH and I have been throwing names around. But the names he likes, I dont, and the ones I like, he doesnt. So far the names I have come up with are Hugo, Casio, Bentley, Chopper(dog from the movie Stand By Me), and Jackson. I would love to see what everyone else comes up with.

The two brown puppies are his brothers. Hard to believe I know. Sorry, they are not the best pictures. But the last one is the best one that truely shows his color. He's a smokey blue color.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. annanicole18

annanicole18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    USA
    I like Gage. Nice masculine name and when I think Gage I think of metal so ties into his steely coloring.

3. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

How about Loki ~ he was the "Trickster God" in Norse Mythology.

4. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Timone. Hugo is great. Bleu. Dozer. Magnus. Steel. Flopsum (because I fell in love with his ears). Jasper. Jazz. I like Loki, too. Titanium. Hehehe I could go on.... If you're into the cleverness, just let me know and I'll email you a HUGE list Hahahaha! Good luck finding the perfect name for such a cute little boy :0)

5. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
  6. lindseymadora

lindseymadora Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2011
    Of the names you listed, I like Casio the best.

Atticus?

Maybe you've already seen it, but here are a bunch of Greek/Roman names, some of them unique but easily pronounceable.

He's so cute!

7. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Bruno
    Wiley
    barney

those were our hunting dogs names:)

8. Gmsg01

Gmsg01 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    West Monroe,NY
    Looks a lot like a weimeriner cross- I like Remington (Remmie), Or Pittman (the senator that introduced silver currency in the US )

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Wall-E
    Buster

10. Chicken Charlotte

Chicken Charlotte Out of the Brooder

Jun 7, 2010
    QLD
    Nawwwwww so CUTE! I will have him! Send him over in a box NOW!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by