NEED HELP!!!! NO ONE????

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by xfilesnumber1fan, May 17, 2009.

1. xfilesnumber1fan

xfilesnumber1fan Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2008
    Missouri
    I am trying to introduce my 6 new babies to my 5 adults..They are in 2 different cages but everyone is trying to attack each other they cannot get to close so no harm can come to the babies..But they are hissing (kinda) mouths wide open and pacing...The adults are last years babies 1 drake 4 females the babies I think is 2 boys and 4 girls..Just a guess..The will be 6 weeks old,,How long is this going to go one?? The are mallards if the breed means anything...PLEASE HELP...I would like to have them altogether the 2 different cages is so much work......

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  2. starryeyes

starryeyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2009
    I did not introduce my pekins to my adult rouens till the Pekins had there feathers i believe they were almost 12 weeks when they went with the others. So far everyone keeps to themselves but they have a huge yard to run around in. I know the mess is so tiring i have baby rouens and muscoveys in a cage in the house and i swear i change it 2xs a day. Good luck

Starry

3. xfilesnumber1fan

xfilesnumber1fan Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2008
    Missouri
    ANYONE?

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    i kinda have the same problem..but my babies try to chase my older ones around!!! [​IMG] they sleep in differant houses though...dont know whats going to happen when i move them all into the same house soon.

5. jellybean

jellybean Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Bellevue, ID
    I always have the males separated from the mothers and babies until they're almost fully grown, or the babies will get killed. But I don't know about your situation, it's a bit different. I would say wait until they're almost grown, so they are big enough to defend themselves if attacked.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by