Need help NOW! Emergency hatches! Please advise!

I'm SO glad this hatch is going well!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I came upon this site and this thread yesterday and I have certainly enjoyed "watching" your exciting event. I'm 51 years old, raised around animals, but have never seen anything born or hatched. Thank you for sharing this with us.
smile.png

UPDATE (with pics to follow shortly):

I have 6 dry and fluffy perfectly healthy chickies, one just about hatched, and two more pipping! Sadly, we lost the one (Egg #1) in the photos with the large unabsorbed yolk sac, but everyone else is doing great! Now, the REST of the eggs in the bator are on Day 18 so the turner comes out tonight and hopefully in 4 days I'll have MORE fluffy ones! These are AWESOME. I have always adored chicks, but watching them go from an egg that could be eaten, to hatching, to eating and drinking in the brooder set up quite quickly in our upstairs bathroom (again! Poor DH!) is just amazing! These little ones are very special to us...now we just have to figure out what they are!
tongue.png
(They LOOK like California white chicks- the light fuzz with some black spots -but came from REALLY dark brown eggs? So confused! They were SUPPOSED to be penedasencas...but.....)

Last edited:
Congratulations! Is there anything that can make a grown woman giddy like a chick hatching? LOL, I remember how excited my class and I were when mine were hatching. I'm so happy for you!
hugs.gif

I have been thinking about you guys a lot lately and looking for any posts to see how things were going....So how are things these days? It sure would be nice to have a big wordy update.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom