Need help on keeping my flock

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mommieb03, Aug 11, 2016.

1. mommieb03

mommieb03 New Egg

Aug 11, 2016
    Hi my im new the page but anyway. I got a letter from city of chandler saying I can't keep my chickens and that it's out of ordinance. My kids are devastated that we have to get rid of them and I have until the 15 to fix it. Does anybody know a way around it??? I have 6 of them over a yr and they are just now saying something.

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi and welcome to BYC! I'm sorry to hear about that. Redsoxs gave you some great links, and hopefully the folks over at Chicken Laws and Ordinances will be able to help out. Thanks for joining us and best of luck!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sorry to hear that. It's usually a neighbor who feels compelled to turn people in - just because she can.

6. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello, mommieb03! Welcome to BYC! I am not in the city of Chandler area, so I wouldn't know what you could do. Maybe you could try the AZ. thread here at this site and ask your question there, as someone else might live there and know what you could do? I would suggest posting it here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/31227/arizona-chickens
    Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by