Need help on my beautiful chickens breed!!

thekittenchicken

Chirping
Mar 23, 2021
Hi everyone!
we have 3 adult chickens just above a year old. Two of them are hens and one is a rooster, however, we are unsure of their breeds. They are generally quite small so we are guessing they are a bantam breed. We got them from a farm when they were a week old.,they looked like this:
Screenshot_20200607-163537 (3).png

The hens lay cream light coloured eggs and they don't like being petted but are happy to follow me across the garden. The rooster is very aggressive towards humans that he is unfamiliar with. We thought they were all siblings however the rooster is lavender and the hens are black so maybe not .they might even be separate breeds.?. they all have orange eyes and feathered feet. Also, we don't think their cochins because they lay a lot and are not very plump. We would really appreciate everyone's opinions because we have recently hatched some of their eggs and need to know their breeds in case we have to sell them. here they are:
20210511_181845.jpg
20210511_182010.jpg
20210511_182359.jpg
20210511_182424.jpg

definitely two females they both lay, they are the black ones. They could be cochins but I thought Cochins were bad layers and very cute and chubby whereas my hens are slimmer???
They mainly dont lay to well do to the fact that they go broody easily, but of course, if they dont go broody, they lay like 30+ more eggs, so it does depend on whether they go broody or not.

Back
Top Bottom