Need help on re-establishing my flock. PLEASE READ.

Citron_d'uccle

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 15, 2011
Fort Worth, TX
I would like to raise Heritage breed laying hens, to conserve the breed and to upgrade my flock. I am considering the following breeds. Please let me know if you know where to buy these breeds. I would like chicks or laying hens, but hatching eggs would be OK too.

I am interested in the following breeds.

Barred Rocks
Buff Orpingtons
New Hampshire Reds
Rhode Island Reds
Silver Laced Wyandottes
Golden Laced Wyandottes
Brown Leghorns
Araucanas
Ameraucanas
Delawares
Dominiques
French Marans
Cuckoo Marans
Welsummers
Barnevelders

I would REALLY like to know where to buy these breeds. I am trying to start a good egg production flock and I intend to breed as well so I can improve my flock and maintain breed standards. Thanks.

Quote:
Hatching eggs on Ebay are rarely from good-quality stock.

Do a search on here in the "Breeds, Genetics, and Showing" and "Hatching Eggs" forums and you will probably find most, if not all, of the breeds you have listed.

I have Black Copper Marans, Blue Marans, Splash Marans available and take orders for chicks. Late this fall probably next spring I will have Blue copper marans and Birchen Maran, plus working on a project of Marans that I bought from a breeder as a starter.
If interested you can PM me or Email me from my page here. I may have some extra chicks from the upcoming 9.26 hatch of Black Coppers. All chicks shipped will be French Marans on the Black Copper.

Citron_d'uccle :

I would like to raise Heritage breed laying hens, to conserve the breed and to upgrade my flock. I am considering the following breeds. Please let me know if you know where to buy these breeds. I would like chicks or laying hens, but hatching eggs would be OK too.

I am interested in the following breeds.

Barred Rocks*
Buff Orpingtons*
New Hampshire Reds
Rhode Island Reds*
Silver Laced Wyandottes*
Golden Laced Wyandottes
Brown Leghorns
Araucanas
Ameraucanas
Delawares
Dominiques
French Marans
Cuckoo Marans
Welsummers
Barnevelders

I would REALLY like to know where to buy these breeds. I am trying to start a good egg production flock and I intend to breed as well so I can improve my flock and maintain breed standards. Thanks.

I have the breeds I put a (*) by. I do not show, but I can send you pics and they are all good layers. Oh, and I ship eggs but not chicks. My available breeds are on my byc page.​

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the following, for shipped eggs.
Barred Rocks - laying now
Buff Orpingtons- laying now
Ameraucanas - getting a few
French Marans ( Wheaten)-not laying
Welsummers - getting a few

Back
Top Bottom