NEED HELP PLZ. Chick wont hold his her head up . Good size compared to others and move a lot but seems in a frenzy and head wont move up one bit

Bibothor

In the Brooder
Apr 10, 2021
NEED HELP PLZ. Newly hatched chick wont hold his her head up . Good size compared to others and move a lot but seems in a frenzy and head wont move up one bit. its my first time having chicks and i dont know if i should do something or just wait? Just pains me seeing him he looks like he is in a bit of panic and im not sure if i should dispatch the poor thing or let time pass? Any knowledge would be much appreciated thx

Last edited:

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 17
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 17
I want to have an indoor silky chicken as a pet, but the hatchery told me that I should have a pair. I will be treating it as a pet and hopefully litter box train it. I work from home and can spend a lot of time with it, so does it really need another silkie?

I want to have an indoor silky chicken as a pet, but the hatchery told me that I should have a pair. I will be treating it as a pet and hopefully litter box train it. I work from home and can spend a lot of time with it, so does it really need another silkie?
Chickens are extremely social, and if not with another chicken, can get depressed and lonely. Maybe he'd do ok, but it is 100% recommended to get at least 3 if they're chicks, and 2 is ok, but 3 preferably, if they're adults.

Back
Top Bottom