Need Help-rearanging my flock

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by ChooksinChoppers, Jul 20, 2011.

1. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    My 6 stealth chickens are in the garage (with a/c) I have 2 seperate dog exercise pens close up to each other.. one has 2 silkie hens and a silkie roo the other has 2 cochin bantams and one frizzle banty hen. So the 2 banty boys are starting to squabble quite a bit and I think I have a new home for them (coming this afternoon to pick up) so that would leave little frizzle hen all alone in her pen.
    I am thinking about making the 2 pens into one larger one. At night time they all cuddle into the same corner/s almost touching through the bars. been like that for a few weeks now...do you think frizzle girl will get beaten up at all? Our silkie roo is quite the boss man [​IMG] he is 5 months old.
    Any thoughts?

2. christineavatar

christineavatar Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    Bolinas, CA
    You say that they are 'close to each other'. Next to each other or within eyesight. If they are next to each other then they should mix without problem. If they are just visible to each other I would work the solitary hen into the others with a cage of some sort. Place her in a cage where she would be visible to the other chickens. If she is smaller then the others put a mesh of some sort over the front that lets her out but doesn't let the others in.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by