Need help sexing 15 week old chicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
First picture - cockerel, pullet, cockerel

Second picture - buff and barred are cockerels, two white birds are pullets

First picture - cockerel, pullet, cockerel

Second picture - buff and barred are cockerels, two white birds are pullets
So I didn't luck out at all on choosing 😂 the barred was actually left behind because it was number 21 when I sold 20 chicks. It was meant to be a chicken dinner.

The two white ones I actually chose several weeks ago to keep out of my Halloween hatch. They already have names so I'm glad they're actually pullets.

The Jersey giant is the rooster. At the time my jersey giant wasn't interested in the barred rock so I'm unsure if the barred chick is actually part barred rock, but I'm just assuming it is because I don't know how else I could've got a barred chick.

The Orpington mix and Easter egger mix are not from my flock, I bought them from someone else. I'm just going to wait until 20 weeks to see if any crow because that's always how I figure out who is a Pullet or Cockerel. I'm so terrible at sexing, but I think I was right on the two white ones with black markings. Those seem to be pullets.

did it have a white spot on the back of the head? The white spot is always indicative of the barring gene being present.

did it have a white spot on the back of the head? The white spot is always indicative of the barring gene being present.
I don't remember if it did or not. But I have 3 I just hatched that have the white spot on their head. I'm sure that one looked the same when it hatched.

IMG_20200212_124922~2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom