Need help sexing 9 week BLRW and 7 week old Olive Egger

Update:

The BLRW is definitely a girl :)

The Olive Egger is now 12 weeks. No crowing and no roo behavior. I still think he must be a boy although I would have expected some crows by now since I dont have any other rooster. What do you all think?

Update:

The BLRW is definitely a girl :)

The Olive Egger is now 12 weeks. No crowing and no roo behavior. I still think he must be a boy although I would have expected some crows by now since I dont have any other rooster. What do you all think?

I'm still not sure
hmm.png
the comb is pink, but not bright, or large. Do you plan on keeping it even if it's a roo? I would keep it a while longer, just to be sure. It's so cute!

Yes, I would expect the comb to be broader and bigger by now. His legs used to look thick but now he seems to be growing into them. Tail feathers are curly and pointy but thats just because of the frizzle, he even had those as a little baby.

I cant keep roos in the city but I will try to keep him long enough to get some fertile eggs. He is so cute I cant bear to give him up!!!

14 weeks and Im still stumped!?!?!? he walks very upright but is a big baby and is at the bottom of even the pullet pecking order. No crowing or Roo behavior. No wattles but that is due to the Ameraucana blood. What do you think?

I'm starting to think pullet =)
oh gosh that would be so amazing, nearly everyone, including me has thought roo from the beginning! I dont want to get my hopes up but its hard to believe a cockerel wouldnt be a bit more developed by now. Here is a close up of the comb, it isnt very wide. Yes its red, but so are my other pullets around the same age.

Personally i would have said pullet from the first pics due to the fact that he had the tail and hackle feathers of one

Back
Top Bottom