Need help slaughtering meaties - anyone interested?

KYChixMama

Songster
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
I hope this isn't the wrong forum for this post, and I apologize if it is.

I have 29 meaties that are overdue for going to freezer camp. My FIL was going to slaughter them with me, as this will be my first time, but we've all got so many things going on that there just isn't any time - I'm worried I might start losing them if I don't take care of this soon. Is there anyone near Mt Sterling KY that would be willing to slaughter them for me for a cut of the chickens? Or does anyone know of a processing plant near me that I could take them to?

ladyride

Songster
8 Years
Apr 30, 2011
East Tn
there is a processer in bowling green, ky
I had looked into given I don't have a clue how to do it .

Last edited:

RoosterGeek

Songster
9 Years
Aug 31, 2010
Lebanon, TN
Quote:I have personally used them and they are awesome, laid back folks. They are North of Bowling Green. The name is S and S Enterprises. You can find their information on Poultry Hollow's website: poultryhollow.org.

Everything is vacuum sealed and USDA inspected.

BairleaFarm

Songster
8 Years
May 3, 2011
Georgetown, KY
Im in Georgetown. Ill do them for you or you can come watch me do a couple of mine to learn how. Im no expert but the last(the only) 2 i did turned out pretty good.

KYChixMama

Songster
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
Quote:Thank you for your response, but a neighbor has just volunteered to come over and do them this week.

gg706

Songster
8 Years
Jul 5, 2011
I live in Hamilton, Ga. I would like to raise some CornishX meat birds. I would like to hire someone to come and butcher and process the birds. OR take them somewhere to be processed, I prefer someone coming out to my place then I am certain that I am getting what I have raised. I am willing to pay, trade for some meat and pay, or a fair share of the meat. Negotiable. Does anyone have any info or know anyone who provides this kind of service? Thank You in advance for any responses.

KYChixMama

Songster
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
Quote:I like the recommendation about local Amish - check with your local farm supply stores and see if they know of any families near you. I would have gone this route if I'd thought of it first.

Top Bottom