1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Need help slaughtering meaties - anyone interested?

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by KYChixMama, Jun 30, 2011.

1. KYChixMama

KYChixMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    I hope this isn't the wrong forum for this post, and I apologize if it is.

I have 29 meaties that are overdue for going to freezer camp. My FIL was going to slaughter them with me, as this will be my first time, but we've all got so many things going on that there just isn't any time - I'm worried I might start losing them if I don't take care of this soon. Is there anyone near Mt Sterling KY that would be willing to slaughter them for me for a cut of the chickens? Or does anyone know of a processing plant near me that I could take them to?

2. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

i would help.... but i'm in texas.. have you tried google for a processor?

3. ladyride

ladyride Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    there is a processer in bowling green, ky [​IMG] I had looked into given I don't have a clue how to do it .

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  4. RoosterGeek

RoosterGeek Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2010
    Lebanon, TN
    Quote:I have personally used them and they are awesome, laid back folks. They are North of Bowling Green. The name is S and S Enterprises. You can find their information on Poultry Hollow's website: poultryhollow.org.

Everything is vacuum sealed and USDA inspected.

5. BairleaFarm

BairleaFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    Im in Georgetown. Ill do them for you or you can come watch me do a couple of mine to learn how. Im no expert but the last(the only) 2 i did turned out pretty good.

6. KYChixMama

Apr 17, 2011
    Quote:Thank you for your response, but a neighbor has just volunteered to come over and do them this week. [​IMG]

7. BairleaFarm

BairleaFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    sounds good.

8. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    If you have an Amish folks in your area, they might be willing to do it. Good luck. [​IMG]

9. gg706

gg706 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    I live in Hamilton, Ga. I would like to raise some CornishX meat birds. I would like to hire someone to come and butcher and process the birds. OR take them somewhere to be processed, I prefer someone coming out to my place then I am certain that I am getting what I have raised. I am willing to pay, trade for some meat and pay, or a fair share of the meat. Negotiable. Does anyone have any info or know anyone who provides this kind of service? Thank You in advance for any responses.

10. KYChixMama

Apr 17, 2011
    Quote:I like the recommendation about local Amish - check with your local farm supply stores and see if they know of any families near you. I would have gone this route if I'd thought of it first.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by