Need help to identify a growth on my white crested black polish's beak

travelerGirl

Hatching
Jul 29, 2023
Hello all,
I have noticed over the last week my white crested black polish has a growth on her beak. I tried to get a photo. On occasion I see blood spots coming out of it today I was able to touch it and it is very hard like her beak but I am not sure what it is or if it affecting her health, I am very new to chickens and my vet does not treat or do anything with chickens. When you type in google growth on my white crested black Polish chicken beak you get the weirdest results so I am going to ask in here. am I worried about nothing or is there something to worry about? Should I be treating her with anything?
Thank you for any advice

Attachments

• IMG_1967.jpg
    IMG_1967.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1968.jpg
    IMG_1968.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 20
I think she could be rubbing her beak on something.
Could she be rubbing it on a feeder, or getting it caught on something?
Have you noticed it getting bigger at all?

I think she could be rubbing her beak on something.
Could she be rubbing it on a feeder, or getting it caught on something?
Have you noticed it getting bigger at all?
She doesn't put her head in the feeders I feed her off a platter because I noticed she would not stick her head in she would wait for the other girls to drop the food on the ground and then she would eat it so I put a platter of food out every day. I have not noticed it getting bigger it is the same size I have seen it bleed sometimes and I'm still not sure that one of the other girls isn't picking at her. It was just a weird bump that started growing about 3 or 4 weeks ago and I am not sure if I need to worry about it or not.

She doesn't put her head in the feeders I feed her off a platter because I noticed she would not stick her head in she would wait for the other girls to drop the food on the ground and then she would eat it so I put a platter of food out every day. I have not noticed it getting bigger it is the same size I have seen it bleed sometimes and I'm still not sure that one of the other girls isn't picking at her. It was just a weird bump that started growing about 3 or 4 weeks ago and I am not sure if I need to worry about it or not.
If it’s not getting bigger, I wouldn’t worry too too much about it. For now I’d just monitor her and make sure she’s not injuring it somehow or getting pecked at.
If the other chickens see blood, they will peck at it.

Back
Top Bottom