Need Help W/ Coop Run Door.

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by CRYROLFE, Jun 1, 2011.

1. CRYROLFE

CRYROLFE In the Brooder

Oct 6, 2009
    Missouri
    My Coop
    Sorry.....should've clarified. I need help w/ the actual door for the run of the coop.
    [​IMG]

2. ChixWrangler

ChixWrangler In the Brooder

May 10, 2011
    Lansing
    Like one of the other posters had stated, open out since there is much more room outside the coop than there is inside the coop.

If you decide to make the door open in anyways just make sure you have enough clearance between the floor and the bottom of the door for the bedding so you don't have to fight to get the door open.

3. CRYROLFE

CRYROLFE In the Brooder

Oct 6, 2009
    Missouri
    My Coop
    I think we may have to have the door open in (not positive on that yet) and that is a VERY good point about leaving clearance for the sand that will be in the run! Thanks!!

4. BlueBetween

BlueBetween Songster

Apr 4, 2011
    Near Seattle
    oh, sorry to confuse... I read that too fast. Ours open out, because our run is so small.

5. jinxschuh

jinxschuh Chirping

May 3, 2011
    Northern Utah
    Quote:I've decided to do the same thing with my chicken door, hinges on bottom to double as a ramp. Even though it will be a small ramp and they do jump up to it just fine I think it adds character and of course needing a door speaks for it's self.

The full sized door into the chicken room (I built a chicken room in an exsisting barn, not a chicken coop) will open in. This will help keep the chickens from under foot when I need to go in because they will be scooted out of the way as I open it, plus I will have more space in the tact room storage because I won't need to leave room for the door to open out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: