Need help with a "mystery" breed

erika1234us

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 29, 2014
San Diego, CA
Help! I bought 10 new chicks and 3 were sold as Golden Laced Wyandottes, but I'm starting to doubt that. Take a look at this pick and let me know what you think. The breed in question is the brown/gold one. Thanks :)

welcome-byc.gif

The bird on the right is some type of partridge or wild-type colored bird. With that leg color, Easter egger is a possibility. What type of combs do they have?

Whatever it is, it isn't a Golden Laced Wyandotte. Those would have lacing and gold-colored feathers. Could be an Easter Egger, or possibly a Partridge Plymouth Rock (though the leg color seems wrong for that).

Help! I bought 10 new chicks and 3 were sold as Golden Laced Wyandottes, but I'm starting to doubt that. Take a look at this pick and let me know what you think. The breed in question is the brown/gold one. Thanks :)

Your bird reminds me of our Partridge Cochin when he was about the same age, but your bird has dark legs and no leg feathering.

The coloring looks partridge. What kind of comb does it have? I can't see the face or comb very well. Pea comb is most likely a EE and if it's a single comb, could be a partridge rock.

Back
Top Bottom