Need Help With a Rooster

Yes by my opinion, go for it. I've got 3 boys, 3 flocks. I love my boys. A few things I've learned along the way. Some may not agree with it, others will. You do you and how you want.
I never back down. I never turn away if I think he's wanting to give me some attitude. I walk thru him on purpose, make him move. I respect my boys, they have a job to do and they do it way better than me.
They are his girls, I'm just the one that pays the bills and cleans up their crap, when I bring treats I show him first and treat him first then he takes all the credit. I talk to my boys, I tell him I'm picking up one of girls for whatever reason and when I come back with her I place her in his vicinity and again I talk to him.
It really boils down to I don't have lap Roo's. If I pick them up it's for a reason. No hugs and kisses. I do tell him he's a pretty bird and if I have a reason to pick him up I hand feed him his own treats just for him. I've only been flogged once in 3+ years. One of my 3 BCM Roo's was just about a year old and I was out of state for a month. I seem to think he forgot who I was. Hasn't happened since.

Good luck with your boy. Remember he's gonna be like a sex crazed maniacal teenager and that's where his brain is until he reaches over a year old then it's like a switch. I'm dealing with a 11 month old now. I don't turn my back on him. But when he turns his back on you, he trusts you.
Try not to treat him like a human, try to think like a chicken.

Back
Top Bottom