Need help with breed identification

Their legs are mostly a steel color. I have noticed a pink shade to some. It's hard for me to tell and they don't let me catch them. This picture show the legs better.

Attachments

• DSC04180.JPG
    DSC04180.JPG
    731.8 KB · Views: 10
I will be waiting to see what color eggs they give me. Also when they start crowing I will know which are cockerails. Thanks for all your help.
Oh, you have at least two cockerels that I can see. With no doubts.

That one I pointed out first is all male; his coloring his feathering... This one has a very large comb and is slightly behind the first in development which commonly happens.
Saddle Feathers.jpg

I appreciate your information about Saddle Feathers. I did not understand what they meant when they talked about saddle feathers. That illustration shows it perfectly. I have determined at least two from my 23 chick batch of "all female". I was hoping to be able to rehome some if I get too many. If I had an idea of the breed, it might help when I give them away.

Can you help me identify these breeds. Chicks came from Meyer Hatchery.
That white one is gorgeous. I had one exactly like her and she laid small green eggs, she was my best chicken out of all of them, the most friendly and trusted us so much! However, yours will get dirty very easily😂

Attachments

• A0B4EA69-43D6-4FC4-88A2-0C1D36F04B2D.jpeg
    A0B4EA69-43D6-4FC4-88A2-0C1D36F04B2D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Yes she will get dirty and I also have a white Cochin whose feathered feet get filthy when it is muddy outside. I will be looking for green eggs! So many look alike but are just a little different so I am assuming I will have a better chance of determining their breed when they start to lay.

Back
Top Bottom