Need help with chick

Shilo7

Songster
5 Years
Feb 26, 2016
picked up my chicks Thursday Morning at the post office from a reputable breeder. One looked dead and was so weak gave it sugar water and then every hour electrolyte save a chick. The chick was up and running around by the end of Thursday. Now that same chick is weal again can't stand and 2 other chicks are bobbing their heads.

What does your brooder look like?
Can you post a picture of it?

What is the temp in your brooder?
What breed are the chicks?
Have you contacted the breeder you bought them from yet?

The chicks are not looking up. does not look like videos of Wry neck. looks more like a waving type motion. Could it be impacted crop? What should I do

Are you feeding them anything besides their chick feed?
They are only a few days old right?

One chick died. Crested cream legbar. Once my phone is charged I will put up photos of brooder. 95 degrees

I just got them they are a few days old only chick starter and electrolyte in the water

One chick died. Crested cream legbar. Once my phone is charged I will put up photos of brooder. 95 degrees
That is too hot.
Lower the temp..raise the lamp.
It does not need to be over 90 for sure.

I contacted the breeder but had to leave a message. I did not call them on Thursday because it was only one chick and the chick seemed to get better.

It is NOT impacted crop.
They most likely are being over heated which can cause all kinds of problems and even death.

Get your lamp higher.
Make sure they are drinking water.
Can you get some electrolytes and some Nutri Drench vitamins?

Back
Top Bottom