Need help with identifications,

Jeff M

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 21, 2013
Blacksburg, South Carolina
I have 17 in my flock and need some help figuring out some of the breeds & sexes.
[/IMG][/IMG]

From the picture, it looks like you have four Barred Rocks, a Golden Laced Wyandotte, a Rhode Island Red (or Production Red), and a Brown Leghorn (or a Welsummer). All appear to be females. I can't tell what the black bird is. Individual pictures of each bird would be helpful. Its difficult to tell breed and gender with photos of whole flocks of birds.

Could the one's you've ID'd as barred rocks be Dominique's? The black one should be an Australope - hopefully? Lol this is my 1st flock. I had ordered 30 of various breeds, however 13 died during shipping so now I'm trying to figure out who's who!

Could the one's you've ID'd as barred rocks be Dominique's? The black one should be an Australope - hopefully? Lol this is my 1st flock. I had ordered 30 of various breeds, however 13 died during shipping so now I'm trying to figure out who's who!
Some of them might be, as I can only see the comb on one (the one in front). If the others have single combs, they are Barred Rocks, but if they have rose combs, they are Dominiques.

Back
Top Bottom