NEED HELP WITH INCUBATOR

Mattlime

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 30, 2012
Bostic, North Carolina
I have the chick a bater and I had some eggs that I know were fertile in it but it would never regulate correctly...I know I had it set up correctly but the humidity did not work correctly...I had them in for seven days and nothing formed...I think I need help...

What kind of bator. Are you sure your eggs are fertile? Humidity can fluctuate quite a bit without being a huge problem. I mean some people run a dry hatch others much high humidity. The only thing I think would be a real problem is below 30% or over 70% for the whole hatch. Of course I'm no expert but expound on the problem and there may be a simple solution. The important question is more how is the temp. If it spike too high it will kill the eggs.

sorry did a little research didn't realize chick bator was a name thought is was you saying you have a chicken incubator. LOL. I'm not familiar with that incubator but no development at all still sounds like it might be infertile eggs.

How do you know your eggs were fertile? Even if you have a rooster with hens it doesn't mean that the eggs are fertile. Some roosters aren't fertile. Even a highly fertile rooster wont take care of all the hens. They will have their favorites. So not all the eggs would be.
There is a chance that you could check one egg and it is the only fertile egg you have as well.
if on day 7 there is nothing in the eggs then they simply weren't fertile. something would have developed. If it were an incubator issue they would have started to develop and then stopped/died.

How do you know your eggs were fertile? Even if you have a rooster with hens it doesn't mean that the eggs are fertile. Some roosters aren't fertile. Even a highly fertile rooster wont take care of all the hens. They will have their favorites. So not all the eggs would be.
There is a chance that you could check one egg and it is the only fertile egg you have as well.
if on day 7 there is nothing in the eggs then they simply weren't fertile. something would have developed. If it were an incubator issue they would have started to develop and then stopped/died.
My thoughts too. with the possible exception of putting in fertile eggs and having temp spikes day 1 and/or day 2. You could fry them before you see them develop. I read a review of that thing and it did seem pretty bad but seems like you'd make it to day 5-7 with some development.

Back
Top Bottom