Need help with painting design of coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by havi, Mar 13, 2011.

1. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    I have a little banty coop I need to paint and Im not sure what to paint on it. I have three different colors. The one is more of a reddish color. Not orange like the picture shows. And then the green is sorta like a seafoam green. These were "oops" paints I bought super cheap from WalMart. Anybody have any ideas on what I could do?

[​IMG]

2. countrylifelover85

countrylifelover85 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2011
    I think all red or all green would look good! I am half way done painting mine brown.

3. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    If you could I would do it all green with white trim(if you can get white)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2011
  4. Coopa Cabana

Coopa Cabana My Coop Runneth Over . . .

Aug 30, 2009
    Colorado
    My Coop
    I think you should try and coordinate the colors with your house. If you can't do that, then anything in the Barn Red colors.

5. Aubrinator

Aubrinator Out Of The Brooder

I read that in a test hens preferred the color red to any other color [​IMG] strange

6. havi

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Im not wanting to do the normal one solid color. Im wanting something more unique and different. I planned on using a mix of these three different colors. I plan on going tomorrow after work and see if they have any more colors for sale.

7. booger's mom

booger's mom New Egg

Oct 5, 2008
    East Texas
    Polka dots [​IMG]

8. havi

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    booger's mom :

Polka dots [​IMG]

Ohh, if I could get another color or two. I could do polka dots and stripes. That would be cute! Thanks.​

9. Moxiechick

Moxiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2010
    Maine
    Put in a lot of detailed trim! Have a base color for the coop, then do the window and door trim up. You could expand on the colors you have by adding a little white to any of them as well. Here is a picture of what I'm thinking. You could do this, but with the colors you have. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. havi

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    That was sorta my original idea to go with. Because I have 3 maybe 4 more small coops to go. I wanted something different, but not to wildly out there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by