Need help with pregnant lab...*update*still no pups :(

She's really restless and looks irritated. She just can't seem to get comfortable on her favorite spot on the couch. She is drinking a lot of water though.

I just let her out to pee and she stopped in the middle of the steps and just stood there looking at me and arched her back a little.

Contraction, maybe?

Lori

Oooohhhhh, that sounds promising!!
clap.gif

Just took her out for a little bit cause it just started snowing!!!
wee.gif

She pooped and peed and I threw the ball for her....yeah, that lasted about 2 minutes and she wanted to come get back on the couch.

Oh, and just had my neighbors friend come to my door asking about puppies!!! How's that for timing?
thumbsup.gif

I am really getting excited....just talked to my kids and they are all excited too, more cause it's snowing but they're excited about pups too!

Lori

watch where she crouches, she could slip out a puppy outside on a potty run and you miss it. Has happened before.... just saying... keep a very close eye on her for potty breaks. Sounds like tonight is THE night! (I hope!)
fl.gif

I'm sooooo excited for you! I just got a border collie cross puppy & wish she was purebred & SQ so I could have my 1st litter...Alas, vet here we come for fixing
sad.png

Her temp is back up to 100.2

She wouldn't eat this morning but wanted to play and then came back and woofed down her food.

I am so frustrated it is pathetic. I went back to the calendar and I just can't remember the dates.
he.gif

I think she's still okay but getting really close to the point that I need to worry. What happens when a dog miscarries? We could see puppies moving last month and the vet said yes. Could the puppies have died? It just seems like if something was wrong her temp would be way off, like too high or if there was an infection or something it would show up by now.

Anyone have any experience with this?

You're correct that if infection or anything had set in her temp would be high.

Can you feel the pups moving now? You should be able to.
Try squeezing one of her teats with a rolling action of your fingers gently and see if she's producing anything.

I'm biting my nails for you.

It is normal for the temp to fluctuate back and forth and it is not even close to being high enough for an infection yet. Nor has it dropped enough to indicate it is time for pups, though some will fool you and not do that. Give her time. Can you think back to what was going on around the time of the breeding? Like was your kid sick or the car in the shop or something you can trace back to a date on the calendar or checkbook? That is what I do. We went somewhere, did something, bought something, etc. Good luck!!

i have experience with forgetting the dates... (oops!) and the last week seems to take forever. i have had their temps drop and go back up. I would still just keep as close a check on her as possible. You can't stay with her 24/7 so just accept the reality that you might miss the first pup if you actually sleep, take a shower, go to the store, or god forbid go to work so you can pay for puppy chow next month! LOL, just kidding ya. The good news is bigger dogs often whelp and unwrap the babies all on their own just fine, unlike toy poodles, who often just push them out and say "I'm done" and unless you open the sac, clear the airway, break the cord and start them breathing you will have a litter of cellophane wrapped little dead poodle babies. If she has to do it on her own, she will probably do fine, especially if she has already whelped before.
One thing that helps me to know is to express the milk and if it is clearish or yellowish, it is early, and when it turns stark white they are closer, not neccesarily that day, but in a day or two if it is blazing white and not bluish looking.

Back
Top Bottom