Need help with Quail!!!

JumantBlanc

Hatching
May 13, 2021
I am new to hatching quail and have one tiny thing that will not stop yelling immeadietly after hatch. It's till drying in the incubator before I can move it to the brooder but I keep seeing it crane it's head back and just keep squeaking. It also looks like it doesn't quite know how to tuck it's wings--?

Right now, the best possibilities I've got is it might be a vitamin B1 deficiency, but I'm also new, so I want to make sure I'm not just overreacting. After all, it /just/ hatched. Shouldnt it already have most of the nutrients it needs?

I am new to hatching quail and have one tiny thing that will not stop yelling immeadietly after hatch. It's till drying in the incubator before I can move it to the brooder but I keep seeing it crane it's head back and just keep squeaking. It also looks like it doesn't quite know how to tuck it's wings--?

Right now, the best possibilities I've got is it might be a vitamin B1 deficiency, but I'm also new, so I want to make sure I'm not just overreacting. After all, it /just/ hatched. Shouldnt it already have most of the nutrients it needs?
@Wyorp Rock
@Eggcessive

The only thing I cold think of is that it's getting too cold or too hot.. but I don't think that's the case.

I don't know anything about quail, but if it's just hatched and not dried yet, just leave it alone and let it dry. Give it some time.

If you want to give a vitamin supplement, get some Poultry Cell or Poultry NutriDrench and give a drop orally of either one. I also am not familiar with quail, only chickens.

It should be okay. Most quail chicks chirp continuously after hatching anyways. The chick may be just trying to figure out how to walk/ observing the surroundings.

Back
Top Bottom