Need Help with sick bird

JKL Bird

Hatching
Dec 12, 2020
We are new to this. Can't get to a vet for a few day. Our Silkie is about 7 month old, in the last month she lost feathers on he head the about two weeks ago her chest. Thought might be molting. Now not making any sounds looks like having trouble breathing (will stretch out the neck and it looks like trying to make a sound) Not eating well or moving around. We have her in the house right now. I have attached a picture.

Attachments

• 20201212_142335.jpg
    20201212_142335.jpg
    404.6 KB · Views: 9
Sometimes chickens will peck out their feathers due to stress. That might be a cause.

I noticed in the picture that her crop looks rather large and full. Has she been eating a lot? chickens can sometimes get Impacted Crops. This occurs when a chicken eats foreign materials that can block the crop and not allow food to enter the stomach, causing the chicken to starve or suffocate from the food spilling into their windpipe. I think that might be what's going on.

Sometimes chickens will peck out their feathers due to stress. That might be a cause.

I noticed in the picture that her crop looks rather large and full. Has she been eating a lot? chickens can sometimes get Impacted Crops. This occurs when a chicken eats foreign materials that can block the crop and not allow food to enter the stomach, causing the chicken to starve or suffocate from the food spilling into their windpipe. I think that might be what's going on.
Forget what I said about the feathers. That is probably irrelevant...

Back
Top Bottom