Need help with sources!

MitchellSime

In the Brooder
May 12, 2021
I made a discussion before figuring out the proper channels on this site/app so I was pointed here and I will share here too.

This spring I got 7 khaki Campbell's as a straight run. They are now just over 6 weeks and they are awesome but absolutely terrified of EVERYTHING. Now I am not ignorant, I have kept many animals throughout my life and do not expect them to roll over and let me pet them. But the level of fear these things have for any and all movement/sound makes it an impossibility to move them outdoors. For my neighbors sake and honestly the ducks own safety. Outside there are many more things that constantly set them off and they freak out to the point of injuring one another.

Are there any tips or tricks I could try or are there any sources people know of where trading them for maybe 3 adult ducks could be possible. I am.at a complete loss and I really could use some serious help. I want to handle things ethically and appropriately. NEVER will I dump domestic breeds in some random area, and starting over with new ducklings is expensive, takes a lot of time, and I'm afraid I will be back to square one.

Please help. <3

I agree it takes time for them to mature to the point of not hitting the panic button over everything.

If you are determined to try and trade them for grown ducks perhaps Craigslist or posting them on the feed store bulletin boards in your area can help.

That said....the new ducks will be in a new environment with new caregivers so will also be freaked out for a while.

Back
Top Bottom