Need help with timeline

WyoChickenMamma

Songster
8 Years
Jul 6, 2011
Okay I am looking into buying some eggs that will be shipped to me, I have never done this before, so I am unsure of the timing. Here is my situation. I currently have eggs in my incubator I am hatching for the neighbor. They should start hatching on the 23th of this month. I am really wanting to set eggs as soon as possible. So saying it takes three full days for them to all hatch and be out of the bator...that would put me at the latest on the 26th, which is a Saturday, of a holiday weekend, with no mail service on Monday.

Should I go ahead and pay for the eggs I want today. It seems most people ship them on Mondays or Tuesdays. How long of turn around is there generally on paypal? If I pay today would it be even possible for someone to ship me eggs on Monday? Would they be okay to just hold onto until my incubator is ready for the next go around? Or should I wait until the following week and have them shipped on Tuesday the 29th. I know they need some time to settle and my incubator will need to be cleaned and then reset. Funny thing is that for a few months I have been watching auction and BIN for the eggs I want, and I am convinced that next week when I want/need them they will be gone. Am I just over thinking it all? I know it is a lot of general questions and this does not even take into account the USPS or the time it could take the seller to gather, pack and get the eggs shipped. As you can see I have gone chicken nuts, so any input/advice would be greatly appreciated.

:)

If it were me, I'd wait and have them shipped on the 29th. That way you'll have plenty of time for your current hatch to be through (after all you never know when you'll have late hatchers) and to get your incubator cleaned out and set back up.

Back
Top Bottom