Need help with.....

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by RooptyDoo, Jan 7, 2009.

1. RooptyDoo

RooptyDoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Illinois
    I am going to be selling baby chicks. I have Buff Orpingtons and Barred Rocks. I am asking $2.00 per chick. I am not sexing them just selling them as Straight run. I also have blue, white, buff, splash silkiesthat I am selling straight run for $4.00 each(they are nice silkies). My question is do you guys think my price are to high, to low or are they ok???

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  2. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    nope, not to high. I would probably ask at least 5 for the silkes.

3. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    I would ask at least $5 for the Silkies (nice ones) and $3 for the others if they're pure...depends on your local market though. [​IMG]

4. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    This past spring I asked $5 for BR chicks and $10 for silkie chicks, sold a bunch, as you might be able to tell you cant get many chicks where I am.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I agree with Kelly - it depends on your market. Our feed store sells sexed chicks for $2.50 each, and you can buy as few as one or as many as all they have.

6. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    i agree with the others. the other point is that you can always lower your prices depending on your market, but if you raise them, buyers will notice. start high and you can always reduce.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by