Need Help..........

bigshawn

Songster
8 Years
Aug 25, 2011
I need someone to help me process a couple culls, I'm in N.E. Ohio near Robertsville, I just need someone to show me one or two times so I can do it myself. I know there are videos but I'd rather see it in person......

I'm in MN, so I really am of no help. About the only thing I have to offer if no one will help is, make sure you have a good, sharp knife or hatchet for decapitating (I know it seems violent, and can be messy, but I believe it's the quickest, most humane death for the chicken) or slitting the throat (which may seem peaceful as they get "sleepy" while they're hanging there bleeding to death). You will also want a sharp knife for gutting them if you plan on cleaning them to eat. When you clean out the innards, be sure you get the lung tissue out from between the ribs. That may be kind of hard to do if you have large fingers. When pulling out the guts and entrails, be very careful not to tear anything inside the bird. If you do, make sure to rinse it well. For removing legs, I cut around the "knee" joints, severing the tendon and skin instead of cutting through bone. Watch however many videos you need to, until you feel you can do it. For me, the hardest part is turning a live chicken into a dead one. And I'm not even the one doing that part of the process. I always feel just a little down while we're doing it. But as soon as the head is off, I'm on to the next one. I know it has to be done and I deal with it.

Here are som places to try finding help----

Your state thread on byc
your local craigslist or similar
your local chapter of your state hunting association
a flier at your feed store, or asking at the feed store.
local butcher shop

Here are som places to try finding help----

Your state thread on byc
your local craigslist or similar
your local chapter of your state hunting association
a flier at your feed store, or asking at the feed store.
local butcher shop

Donrae, perfect answer.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom