Need home for Cotton Patch Gander!

Cordell

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 9, 2009
Fort Worth, Texas
I would like to place my Cotton Patch gander in a good home. He is one year old and I incubated and hatched him. He was a member of a very nice trio until coyotes climbed my enclosure and killed the other two. He is white with a few grey feathers and bright blue eyes. Of course his bill and feet are pink. Very nice gander but is very lonely. You would have to pick in up in the Fort Worth, Texas area or we could maybe meet if not too far. Please email me at [email protected] if you have any other questions.
Thanks so much
Cordell

I am SO, SO sorry Cordell!! Cotton Patch are gorgeous geese and one of the breeds I'm interested in raising. Are you too disheartened to find him a mate? I would hate to have to give up my American Buffs. I have my fingers crossed that they make it through the breeding season. I lost some birds this weekend too, it's horrible to go through.

So sorry to hear of losing your geese. Coyotes busted through my barn wall (!!) and killed my pregnant milk goats in November. I hate coyotes!!

I wish i could help you out. I'm interested in them as well, and close enough to drive, but I am having trouble with my ganders already. Unless he could live in the pasture with goats and llama till breeding season is over, I couldn't do it. Normally I keep all my geese on the pasture, but I had to pull them in January when they got snippy with the goats. The goats just avoid them but I was afraid they might get tired of it.

For that matter, the llama got into the goose yard before I was ready a couple days ago and three ganders attacked her. She is NOT a small llama, and I was afraid she'd kick them but she just loped around dragging them one after another until they fell off.

No, I wish I could help, but I can't promise a good home to another gander.

Had you thought of getting a couple of female goslings for him to raise and he could breed with them later?

Does he have to have a girlfriend? All I have in one pen is a BEI duck. Could they get along? She's lonely.
How loud do they get? Is he friendly? Oh, never mind, I'll email you.
smile.png

As for the coyotes and their "killings" they have gotten so bad in W. Tennessee where I live that they are now putting together bands of hunters to kill them and also have boundies on them. The coyotes are even coming on the peoples porches and killing their dogs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom