Need info on hatching Duck eggs please.

St0rmym00n

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 12, 2012
Alvarado, Texas
I have hatched tons of chicken eggs, this will be a first for me hatching duck eggs.

They are large white pekin ducks....

She isn't sitting on them and I would like to know what temp, what humidity and how many days do they need in the incubator.
Do I lay them down as she has them in the nest? She had 8 but I took one to test to see if it was fertile.

1. Temp
2. Humidity
3. How many days

Thank you!

ETA: I forgot to say that I will be using a LG Foam incubator ( Thank you for any help )

Last edited:
I hatch my duck eggs just like my chicken same temp same humidity. they take 28 days though, I have auto turners in my incubators. I read somewhere that you should mist duck eggs but everytime I do this my hatch rate is terrible so I no longer do misting. I hatch A LOT of duck eggs and my hatch rate is very good when I hatch them just like my chicken eggs

I recently hatched some pekin eggs. My first time with duck eggs too. I set 9 and all 9 hatched, no problems except one malpositioned duckling that needed a little help. I laid them on their sides as it's more "natural". I read different things reg humidity but I decided to incubate at 45-50% and lockdown at 65-70%. I didn't mist the eggs at all. Temperature was 99* in a forced air incubator. They started hatching on day 27 and some took 3 days to hatch from external pip, so keep this in mind and don't worry if it looks like they're taking too long. Good luck with your hatch!

Thank you both very much! I am putting them in tonight...... :)
I put duck eggs in tonight too, we can do a hatch a long
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom