Need info re SB Mountains, CA-hen limit

TheHotChick

Hatching
9 Years
Mar 4, 2010
Hi, I have been trying to find anything that will tell me how many hens I can have on my property. I live in an unincorporated area of the San Bernardino Mountains and my lot is approximately 8-9k feet or so. I don't have any roosters and that is fine with us. Can anybody point me in the right direction as to how many birds I can legally keep on my property?

TIA,
TheHotChick

Thanks for the link, but it's for Lancaster, CA and I need a link regarding San Bernardino National Forest/Mountain range. I think I've found what I was looking for, but still need to confirm it. I called some feed stores and one told me unlimited hens, and another told me five limit. I am still on the hunt for my answer.

Quote:
Are you actually on National Forest land? If so, you need to check with the Forest Service to see what if any restrictions they have. If you are merely nearby, you need to check your county codes and ordinances. Most cities and counties have their own website that often lists these codes. You need to check both zoning regulations/ordinance for your particular zoning district, any general codes or ordinances relating to animals and the Rules of Construction to see whether things that are not specifically listed are allowed or not allowed. Thes would be at the very beginning of the Zoning or Code Ordinances.

Back
Top Bottom