Need little help with my ducks

icequeen029

Chirping
7 Years
Sep 19, 2012
I just got 4 new ducks a Cayuga drake and 3 mixed hens. I already had a mallard drake and a hen Rouen but she only laid me one egg when in the pen but once I let them roam free she stopped laying. So was wondering what kind of nest to build and what kind of places do they like to lay there eggs. Thanks for any info.

my ducks will lay anywhere. I will just find them laying on the ground out side. when I put a lot of hay in there coop they will start to lay in there but not for long. what I am trying to say is you have to find them because ducks like to hide eggs.

You could try building her a nesting area in the building they reside and letting them out later in the morning in hopes they have laid but hard to say if that will help most of mine lay in the their barn but i have one who has taken up in the horse barn, yep right on the floor right where the horses are lol

She just hisses at them if they come to close, it's pretty funny actually.
gig.gif
(the horses are very accustomed to them btw, they forage in the paddock/barn all the time)

Thanks for the info my ducks roam free all the time. They don't have a shed or place to go into the two I had first never liked the house I had for them so I gave it to my smaller chickens

Back
Top Bottom