1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need pics of hatching baskets/cages

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sutillman, Mar 27, 2011.

1. sutillman

sutillman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    south georgia
    I have one breed of hatching eggs from two different breeders that I want to keep seperated when they hatch. I have seen little baskets people made to put eggs in so they can know what's what. Can't find the pics and was wondering if someone could post pics of their's, or any other ideas. I don't like the idea of seperating the hatcher with wire. Thanks

2. perolane

perolane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    Louisiana
    How about strawberry baskets....check dollar stores for plastic desk organizer baskets or square cutlery baskets...you can attach wire over the top with bread wrapper twist ties to keep them from hopping out.

3. andalusn

andalusn Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Ridgefield, WA
    Over in the March Brinsea hatching thread there is a picture of what I think your looking for. It looked like hardware cloth/wire. Bend it to the shape you need or if you were cutting strips I would think small zip ties would work too.

Edited to add: Checked and pic is on page 34 by knittychickadee. Maybe you can PM the poster for more details.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by