Need prayers and good thoughts tomorrow... Update..it went well!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by kbarrett, Jan 20, 2010.

1. kbarrett

kbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    PA
    We're taking my son to get his tonsils and adnoids removed in the AM. I'm WAY more nervous than he is. He's 7 so he mostly understands what's going to happen, except I neglected to tell him he'll likely get a shot [​IMG] He's not exactly excited to go but is looking forward to getting back from the hospital...I'm sure it has something to do with all the ice cream, pudding and jello I stocked up on. I was really hoping for an early appt. but when I called the surgicenter this afternoon they said to show up @ 10:30. I'm trying to keep him up later so he'll sleep in and have less time to deal with no food or drinks.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Good luck! Wow..thats a long time the poor little guy has to go without food. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  3. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. bantamamba

bantamamba Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2010
    Best of luck! It won't be fun but all the goodies afterward will make it worth it. [​IMG]

5. Partyfowl

Partyfowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2009
    Pacific Northwest
    Thoughts and Prayers for your little guy!! We took our son in when he was 3 1/2, (8 now) and a couple hours later he was a whole new kid. He felt better right away, we thought he would want to nap and eat ice cream (since we did) but he didnt, he ran around and played, actually he was more active than we had seen him in a long time. He even started to talk better, his words were more pronounced, doctors said all of his ear infections were probably affecting his hearing. (maybe I should take him back in)[​IMG]
    Good luck to you and I hope you get that nap!

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    He'll do fine.

It's so routine anymore.

God bless.

7. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Good luck![​IMG]

8. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. NGT ANGL

NGT ANGL Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Locust Grove, VA
    [​IMG] to you both

10. kbarrett

kbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    PA
    Thank you all for the support. It was an extremely long day! We arrived shortly before 10:30 and we were taken back to the pre-op area before 11am. The anesthesiologist came before noon, which was the scheduled time for the surgery and assured us there would be no shot, he would get the gas mask and once Austin was asleep they would insert the IV. DH & I were very happy about that as Austin hates shots. He was so brave and ready to get it over with. By 1:30pm we were getting tired of waiting and DH found a nurse and asked what was going on. By 2pm she came back and said our doctor was at another hospital and his patient there was having problems. At this point my son was really feeling the effects of no food or water since midnight the night before. The next couple of hours were very hard on him, he just wanted to come home by then. The doctor finally arrived around 4pm and by 4:55 he was calling me on the waiting room phone...everything went well. He took a long time to wake up enough to come home. We finally left there around 9pm and were home at 10pm. Although the day went nothing like what was planned, the outcome was just what we were praying for...

Thanks again for the support!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by