Need quick answer LG vs. Hova 1588

luvzmybabz

Songster
12 Years
Oct 11, 2007
I have an LG with turner with a fan setup yet to be installed (hubbie being goofy) I am thinking I like the 1588 better larger window preset etc. So I am thinking of selling my LG and investing in the Hova can you tell me is there any difference and since the hova is preset if it does get changed how hard is it to get it back to default temp, is there an easy way or is it back to mini turn and a bizillion adjustments? I will be traveling through thte nearest place that carries then later today so opioions please.................

Thanks
Kasi

The Hova has little toggle switches in it. It's pre-set temp is toggle switch #3. If you want to change the temp, you turn off #3 and turn on another number. To get it back to factory pre-set, just turn on #3 again. Easy as pie.
smile.png

i heard a few negative experiences wit the LG. Though I think your best bet is the 1588 from GQF (hovabator.) I plan to buy a 1588 soon and use my brower as a hatcher

Go for the 1588. I just bought a second from Cutler supply. I sold my LG and kept the egg turner. The turner fits just fine in the 1588. I love that it is preset and love the larger viewing window. Just add water and eggs!

Is this 1588 of which you speak the magical HovaBator Genesis that I keep hearing all of these wonderful things about?

Me thinks I needs one....
big_smile.png

Yes the 1588 is the Hova Bator Genesis. I can't say enough good things about it. Mine reaches temp in about 40 minutes. I added a thermometer/hygrometer and it reads 99.5 constantly. It has more space in the plastic tray to add water than the LG which made it easier for me at day 18 to increase humidity.

I love not having to worry about temp fluctuations and just check the humidity once a day.

I just broke down and bought an auto turner for mine.
roll.png
I liked hand turning anytime but weekend mornings, lol. And I hated that they sat for 8 hours while I was at work. I think the turner will make life a lot less stressful for me.
smile.png
I love my Genesis!

Back
Top Bottom