Need recommendation for ventilated nest boxes good in heat

Maybe just add a couple small fans? I got two that are meant for camping that can hang or stand on their own and I use them in the heat and both my chickens and quails love them when it’s hot. I grew up in Boise and know how hot the summers can be! It’s worse in Sacramento :-( also I buy ice packs for coolers that are flat that you could maybe freeze and add with straw on top? To keep things cool?
Even hotter? You poor thing! I do have one fan outside the large window. Do you put yours inside? I'll try adding the ice pack underneath. I put it at the back, and they're very suspicious of it!

Even hotter? You poor thing! I do have one fan outside the large window. Do you put yours inside? I'll try adding the ice pack underneath. I put it at the back, and they're very suspicious of it!
Yes! We were in the 110s the end of May this year and above 100 most of June, :-( although you guys have had some brutal heat this month! Worse than here! Which is unusual. My Mom and sister have been complaining about the heat up there a bunch :-D Yes, the fan is meant to hang in a tent from the ceiling so it tilts, has three speeds, and an LED light if needed :) I hang mine from the roost bar, or stand it on a brick in the coop. Mine were definitely suspicious of the ice packs until they were so hot and it felt good on their feet! Covering it up with some straw might help :D chickens are such skeptics!

Back
Top Bottom