Need sample photos of coop ventilation

Nergock

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 31, 2010
I saw some great coop design with some nice ventilation ideas on this forum but am unable to locate them now. It was a rectangular hole with grills on each side of the coop for cross ventilation.

I am having someone build me a coop but his current design has little to no ventilation. The person that is building it is remote and I'd like to send him some photos so he can modify the design to include more ventilation. Can someone please post pictures of the ventilation part of their coop so I can get some ideas?

Thank you much.

I found another photo with a similar ventilation system.

54546_img_1390_bg.jpg

The problem with those premade vent grilles is that they are so darn SMALL. No offense meant, but that small am't of ventilation in that coop in the pic above would lead to health problems in many situations, even if it happens to work ok at the moment in its owner's particular situation.

It is really a whole lot better IME to cut LOTS of ventilation opening -- meaning bigger ones, and usually therefore meaning "do it yourself" rather than "buy something from Home Depot" -- and then if/when you need to close some of it down, that is quite easy to do.

Too many problems from insufficient ventilation, ranging from excessive heat to frostbite.

You could easily modify the coop *yourself* to add ventilation, or just have him rough-cut some large openings and then you can add hardwarecloth screening yourself.

JMHO, good luck, have fun,

Pat

Back
Top Bottom