need some advice here

sawinga

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 15, 2012
Well I have chicken eggs already in the incubator which are due to hatch in 6 days.
The query is that I have 7 eggs lying there and they are at the latest 8 days old. Is it okay if i put them along with in the same incubator???....cuz I will push the humidity level up to 75 percent when its 3 days left....will this harm the fresh new eggs i will put in the incubator???

Personally, I hate staggered hatches unless you have a hatcher. I would hold the eggs another 6 days, disinfect the incubator, and start a new round of incubation.

Personally, I hate staggered hatches unless you have a hatcher. I would hold the eggs another 6 days, disinfect the incubator, and start a new round of incubation.

i agree

staggered hatches are a bad idea unless you have a seperate hatcher to move them too

try your luck and wait it out as putting the eggs in can harm them in 2 ways

1 is the humidity increase

2 is teh fact the hatching chicks may kick and crack the egg

Just an update that 2 chicks have hatched on the 20th day:)....one came out himself and one i needed to help.. I hope the weak one makes it through....Waiting on the other eggs...so far cant see any pips on them sadly:(....but am greatful for what I got cuz after the temp differences i really thought even one will not make it.

Back
Top Bottom