need some advice

jennh

Songster
12 Years
Jun 21, 2007
Lititz
I need advice on Sadie, my speckled sussex. Her eyes are clear, nostrils clear, but she's acting differently. I noticed she's staying off by herself, digging and acting otherwise normally 'til Thurs. I then noticed her sitting off by herself with her tail up in the air. Nothing unusual? I picked her up and her keel was VERY prominent, and she had lost weight. Yesterday when I went up to let them out, Sadie wouldn't come down off the perch. I thought maybe she had worms, so I wormed her. She DID come out eventually. This morning I went up and she's up on the roost again, everyone else is out. She was kinda talking to herself. I felt underneath her, and she started squirming. Could she be egg bound?

if you are not sure if she has laid put her in a dog crate in the coop until her usually laying time, thats a way to see if she is laying. feel under her vent/abdomen area for an egg, if you think she is egg bound give her a warm bath and put some lub like olive oil area her vent and in it a little, this should help her to pass the egg. she may need several warm 30 minute baths, they like a bath

Now I noticed runny greenish brown poo. On second thought I don't think she is egg bound. I think something else is going on. Also, her single comb is not standing like it used to. The back part is kinda laying over. It is not blue or purple, but it ISN'T bright red. I gave her a scrambled egg and she ate it all. I also offered her some kefir, which she drank a little. I have her separated from the others, but she can still hear them.
What is going on? Any suggestions? I DO have some Baytril. Would that help?

Back
Top Bottom